1. Visit Phang Nga Bay: Phang Nga Bay is a beautiful bay located between Phuket and the mainland. It's known for its stunning limestone cliffs, crystal-clear waters, and beautiful islands. You can take a boat tour of the bay and explore the local caves, lagoons, and beaches. It's a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Phuket.
2. Go Diving or Snorkeling: Phuket is home to some of the best diving and snorkeling spots in the world. You can explore the local coral reefs, swim with tropical fish, and even see sharks and other marine life up close. Some of the best diving and snorkeling spots in Phuket include Shark Point, Anemone Reef, and King Cruiser Wreck.
3. Visit the Big Buddha: The Big Buddha is a giant statue located on top of a hill in Phuket. It's one of the most popular attractions in Phuket and offers stunning views of the island. You can take a taxi or rent a scooter to get to the top of the hill and explore the local temple and gardens.
In addition to these top 3 things to do in Phuket, there are plenty of other activities to enjoy, including visiting the local night markets, taking a Thai cooking class, and exploring the local beaches. Phuket truly has something for everyone, and it's the perfect destination for a unique and memorable beach vacation.
Side note, Emily (our CMO, lived in Thailand) also suggested these things:
- Explore Phuket Old Town: Phuket Old Town is a historic district that's full of colorful buildings, street art, and beautiful architecture. You can spend your days exploring the local shops and restaurants, visiting the historic landmarks like the Sino-Portuguese buildings, or taking a food tour to sample the local cuisine. This is a must-do activity for anyone interested in the history and culture of Phuket.
- Visit the Phuket Trickeye Museum: The Phuket Trickeye Museum is a unique museum that offers a 3D art experience. You can take photos with the interactive art installations, which make for a fun and memorable experience. This is a must-do activity for anyone interested in art and photography.
- Take a Thai Cooking Class: Taking a Thai cooking class is a great way to learn about the local cuisine and culture. You can learn how to cook traditional Thai dishes like pad thai, green curry, and tom yum soup. This is a must-do activity for anyone interested in food and cooking.